7 Days in Santa Fe: An itinerary of our most beloved activities and experiences
Northern New Mexico offers some of the most diverse, beautiful terrain and varied landscapes to be found find anywhere in the world. Santa Fe and its environs offer visitors plenty of sights and experiences. You can make a variety of day trips to explore everything from ancient ruins and historic mountain towns to rushing rivers ripe for rafting and fishing.
Day 1: Walking, Shopping & E-Biking
- Start the day with a complimentary one-hour yoga class in the meditation room.
- Then have a relaxing breakfast on our courtyard patio. Our complimentary, à la carte breakfasts include fresh fruits, house-made breads and granolas, and some of the best New Mexican dishes in the state.
- Afterwards, shop your looks:
- at Santa Fe Vintage – Have our concierge book you an appointment at this iconic store with an unparalleled collection of vintage Levi’s, hats, and jackets. This is where the movie stars shop!
- at Santa Fe Hat Company – For the best selection of headwear in the Southwest.
- at Lucchese Bootmaker If you have one more shopping stop in you, Lucchese boots offers the best you’re going to find.
- Grab lunch at La Mama or Vinaigrette. Go for a light lunch and coffee before returning to the Inn for a nap.
- Embark on a private Ciudad Santa Fe E-bike tour. Cruise through pygmy forests and charming hillside roads to Paseo de la Loma Hill for a city overlook.
- Come back for cocktails at Bar Analco, the perfect place for a craft cocktail, a Mezcal flight, or a glass of wine. Bar Analco offers spirits and small bites in a warm atmosphere.
- Have dinner at The Compound or Geranimo’s, two of our favorite restaurants in Santa Fe’s historic Canyon Road arts district.
Day 2: Saturday Spa Day
- Start the day with complimentary Tibetan mindfulness meditation.
- Then have breakfast in your room. If it’s winter, light a fire and enjoy a farm-to-table meal. Our menu has some great healthy options.
- Then explore the Santa Fe farmers market, featuring fresh honey, bread, chilis, apothecary items, and more.
- After, pamper yourself with a treatment at the Spa of the Five Graces. Treat yourself to our favorite “Scrub, Steam, and Massage”, where you’ll receive cleansing, full-body exfoliation, a private aromatic steam shower, and restorative side-by-side massages.
- Rather than napping in your room, relax and read by our soaking pool, accompanied by snacks and cold-pressed juices.
- Then take a drive to Aspen Vista. This 7-mile journey into the Sangre De Cristo mountains has a stunning view of the region.
- Have dinner at Izanami. Along the Hyde Park Road, you’ll find exceptional Japanese- countryside-style cuisine.
Day 3: The High Road to Taos Pueblo
- Start your day with coffee or tea and a made-to-order hot breakfast in the dining room.
- Then embark on a day trip to Taos. Choose either Five Graces’ Wonders of Taos Gorge trip or our Culinary River Rafting Adventure.
- Either way, depart by Luxury SUV and take the scenic high road to Taos, traversing a historic mountainous route for a full day of New Mexico history, architecture, and culture.
- On the first trip, experience the high road to Taos Pueblo along a historic route where you’ll come face-to-face with the Spanish heritage of Chimayo, a traditional native weaving studio, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Taos Pueblo.
- Or raft the Rio Grande Gorge. For those on our river adventure, prepare to paddle as you raft down the Rio Grande on a class 2-4 rapid section of the river. It’s an unparalleled way to immerse yourself in the New Mexico landscape.
- Have lunch at Bertha’s at Al’Thloo’s Café or Vivac Winery. On the high road trip, enjoy lunch at Bertha’s at Al’Thloo’s Café. On the river adventure, have a gourmet lunch with wine pairing at Vivác Winery.
- For either trip, return for a wine tasting at Vivác Winery. Experience this “high-altitude refuge” and their award-winning wines.
- Come back to Santa Fe for dinner at the Pink Adobe, our Signature New Mexican and Cajun-inspired restaurant.
- Have a night cap at Bar Analco or the Dragon Room for a Mezcal flight or craft cocktails.
Day 4: Arts & Culture
- Start your day with a visit to The San Miguel Mission, the country’s oldest historic church, located across from the hotel, before heading to breakfast in our courtyard.
- Shop Galisteo Street:
- Enjoy lunch at Cafe Pasqual’s. Put your name down before heading to Shiprock to ensure a table upon your return.
- Tour Mattucci Gallery – In the afternoon take a private tour of this historic gallery and enjoy complimentary Champagne in their sculpture gardens.
- Then explore Museum Hill:
- at the International Museum of Folk Art & The Girard Wing, featuring one of the most extensive collections of international folk art in the world. (This is our personal favorite);
- at the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture. They have a remarkable collection of pottery, jewelry, textiles, and other indigenous artworks;
- at Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian, featuring a diverse collection of contemporary and historic Native American art.
- In the afternoon, take a private tour of the historic Mattucci Gallery and enjoy complimentary Champagne in their sculpture gardens.
- If you’re up for going out, check out El Flamenco Cabaret.
Day 5: Be Creative
- Start the day with a private Tibetan mindfulness meditation session, designed to ease the mind and prepare the ground for insight and wisdom.
- Continue the peaceful morning with breakfast on the courtyard patio. Have you tried the chilliquillas or huevos motelenos yet?
- Exercise your creativity with one of our private artist workshops, learning to throw a pot, paint landscapes, or even make chocolate.
- Then get a coffee and a Japanese lunch on Lena Street at Ikonik Coffee & Ozu Santa Fe.
- When you’re done, shop in the nearby arts district:
- Have an early dinner at Paper Dosa, Santa Fe’s award-winning South Indian restaurant, or Radish & Rye, offering locally sourced New American plates and a wide bourbon selection.
- After, take in a show at the Lensic, in their grand Pueblo Deco style structure, or the world-renowned Santa Fe Opera.
Day 6: A Hiking Adventure
- Start your day with coffee or tea and a made-to-order hot breakfast in your room.
- Then take one of our favorite hiking day trips. Choose either our Bandelier National Monument trip or tour the world of Georgia O’Keeffe in Abiquiu. Either way, depart by Luxury SUV.
- On the first trip, explore and hike within Bandelier National Monument, with some of the best-preserved petroglyphs and masonry pueblos in North America.
- Or in Abiquiu, Plaza Blanca is a majestic landscape of beautiful white sandstone cliffs made famous by Georgia O’Keeffe through her White Palace paintings.
- Before lunch, shop in some off-the-beaten-path spots courtesy of your field guide.
- With advanced notice, we can pair this trip with a home visit to Georgia O’Keeffe’s artist residence!
- For those on the Abiquiu tour, enjoy a foodie picnic for lunch at Abiquiu Lake. The Bandelier trip will picnic along the Frijoles Creek, complete with blanketed tablecloths and champagne.
- Have dinner at the Dragon Room. You’ll be home in time for a reservation at the Pink Adobe’s Dragon Room, a historic bar and favorite of both Georgia O’Keeffe and Robert Redford. Dine at the bar or in one of our booths enjoying seasonal fair, delicious craft cocktails, and live music.
Day 7: Reborn & Relax
- Start the day with a complimentary yoga class in the meditation room.
- Enjoy breakfast in the courtyard on one of our secluded patio tables.
- Then go for a treatment at the Spa of the Five Graces. Consider getting our High Mountain Hydration skin care treatment as a send-off gift to your skin.
- Do some last-minute shopping at the Spa’s retail space. We carry Augustinus Bader skin products and serums, Flamingo Estates bath and candle lines, and heritage jewelry from the Ira Seret private collection.
- Grab lunch at Tia Sophia’s, The Shed, or La Choza. Now that you’re steeped in New Mexican cuisine, try a local’s favorite at one of these beloved establishments.
- After, do nothing in your room or by the pool. The Inn of The Five Graces prides itself on being a great place to enjoy a nap or a moment of peace amidst our unparalleled surroundings in the heart of the city.
- Walk to Canyon Road, full of amazing art and galleries, including Morning Star, and shop some of our favorites:
- at Shop 4Kinship. This Navajo-owned boutique carries indigenous pieces; colorful, upcycled fashion; vintage denim; blankets; and modern silver-and-turquoise jewelry;
- at Cielo Handcrafted. A few doors down from Shop 4Kinship, you can find local New Mexican and Latin American wares, including colorful pillows from Cusco, espresso mugs, planters, and more.
- Come back to cocktails at Bar Analco. Have you worked your way through our margarita menu?
- Have dinner at the Coyote Cafe or Paloma — both festive places to complete your journey.